The Project Management III course is focused on practical experience with communication in project management.
- Under the guidance of an experienced lecturer, participants apply the content mainly using simulations and examples from practice .
- Top lecturers with experience and experts in their field.
- High level of satisfaction of course participants.
The form of course implementation is face-to-face .
The working methods used in the training programs are chosen in such a way as to ensure interactivity, adapt the content to the needs of the participants and prioritize the transfer of knowledge into practice .
Analyze critical situations in communication during project management and master appropriate tools of communication technology for their effective solution.
Learn to gain the consent of interested parties, to structure your argument convincingly and logically.
To develop the skills of workers to deal effectively with problematic conflict situations.
Master the provision of feedback on the performance of colleagues in the project team.
Workshop — critical situations in communication in project management
Gaining stakeholder buy-in and persuasion
- Analysis of the target group, its expectations and needs.
- Rhetorical procedures and the verbal side of persuasion, the formulation of contexts and the presentation of facts.
- Argumentation techniques, argumentation from the point of view of the target group, argumentation Claim – Emotions – Logic, rational and emotional appeal.
- The non-verbal side of persuasive communication — gestures, eye contact, body posture.
Conflict resolution in the project team
- Types of conflicts, the substantive side — the object of the conflict, the vicious circle of the conflict.
- Conflict resolution procedures.
- Emotional elements in conflicts, attitudes of individual parties, anger and its suppression.
- Project and change management.
- Elements of the communication plan.
- Message (goal, content, form, feedback).
Communication techniques of feedback to the performance of colleagues in the project team
- Recognition and praise.
- Positive guidance.
- Notice of deficiencies.
For course participants, we offer the possibility of subsequent application support in the form of individual consultation with a lecturer or in the form of workshops directly at the client.