The Project Management V course is focused on practical experience with multi-project management and Project Management Office in project management.
- Under the guidance of an experienced lecturer, participants apply the content mainly using simulations and examples from practice .
- Top lecturers with experience and experts in their field.
- High level of satisfaction of course participants.
The form of realization of the course is face-to-face or online (or both forms) .
The working methods used in the training programs are chosen in such a way as to ensure interactivity, adapt the content to the needs of the participants and prioritize the transfer of knowledge into practice .
- Apply portfolio management principles and gain experience with the dynamics of multiple project linkages, such as sharing resources across the organization.
- Effectively transfer the requirements and contextual expectations of stakeholders to the portfolio, including the use of AI functions (Artificial Intelligence).
- Define the position, tasks and competencies of the Project Management Office (PMO).
The training is intended for managers of the corporate portfolio, employees of the PMO department, project managers as well as line managers who provide their resources for project activities.
Project Management Office
- Position, composition and type functions of the Project Management Office (PMO) at the appropriate levels (e.g. global, regional, local).
- Transferring customer requirements to the composition of the portfolio and managing the uncertainty of the assignment in time.
- Determining the scope of the project taking into account program and portfolio priorities.
- Optimization of information sharing between the PMO and line departments.
Setting portfolio, program and project performance
- Project launch life cycle (pre-project phase).
- Cost-benefit analysis and deciding on the priority of the project idea before inclusion in the portfolio.
- Project, program and portfolio ownership. Setting and monitoring scalable KPIs.
- Ex-post calculation of benefits and management of project results within the portfolio.
Portfolio, program and project management
- Decision-making levels and escalation mechanism of the project, program and portfolio.
- Software support for human resource management, including cross-project dependencies and resource reservation.
- Centralized risk management at the portfolio level.
- Use of lessons learned at the portfolio level (in-house wiki) based on artificial intelligence, e.g. Q&A setup for intelligent search.
- A sample of other AI functions – Key Influencers, Smart Narrative, Decomposition Tree.
The application of knowledge is ensured by demonstrations and exercises from Power BI, Power Automate, Project Web App (PWA) and MS Project Plan 1 / 3 / 5. In the event that clients use another tool for portfolio management and multi-project management (e.g. Jira Align, IBM Jazz EWM, Veeva, Enovia, etc.), it is possible to carry out the exercises independently according to the lecturer’s instructions. The training addresses the most common challenges of project management scaling in medium and large companies.
For course participants, we offer the possibility of subsequent application support in the form of individual consultation with a lecturer or in the form of workshops directly at the client.