- Improve the skills of participants to effectively conduct selection interviews.
- To improve and develop the participants’ communication skills so that they can obtain the best and most appropriate information in contact with applicants and be able to more effectively assess the suitability of candidates.
- Provide participants with feedback based on the practice of conducting a selection interview.
Planning and preparation of the selection interview
- What do you need to know to make a successful selection interview?
- Work with sources of information about the candidate
- Types of interviews, preparation, arrangement and distribution
- Criteria and their formulation
- Preparation of questions and scenario
Conducting the conversation
- Structure of the selection interview
- Method of interviewing
- Asking questions and finding out information
- Adapting the conduct of the interview to the position and type of candidate
- Working with facts and assumptions
Verbal and non-verbal communication
- Mapping the meaning of words
- Correct understanding of what was said.
- The importance of non-verbal communication in the selection interview process
Techniques for asking and responding to questions
- Rules for asking questions
- Unallowed questions and how to ask differently?
Errors in judgment and feedback
- The most common mistakes in assessing applicants
- What do we actually observe in others?
- Active listening, empathy, perception of others
Evaluation of the interview
- Record of the selection interview
- Evaluation of the candidate