The course Overview of process improvement methods for HR professionals is focused on how to strengthen competencies when creating development programs in this area.
- Under the guidance of an experienced lecturer, participants apply the content mainly using exercises and examples from practice.
- Top lecturers with experience and experts in their field.
- High degree of satisfaction of course participants .
The form of course implementation is face-to-face or online (or both forms) .
The working methods used in the training programs are chosen in such a way as to ensure interactivity, adaptation of the content to the needs of the participants and a priority focus on the transfer of knowledge into practice .
- Get an overview of the most used process improvement methods and their benefits.
- Strengthen competences in creating development programs in this area.
- Improve the ability to communicate with professional departments about training goals and methods.
- Streamline the work of training coordinators.
Demonstrations of simulations and games used during training will be used at the training.
How to link training needs with training content and methods
- Trends in process improvement training – samples.
- How to connect the training with the participants’ practice.
Methods of describing processes and problems
- What methods can be used to describe the process?
- QFD – How to transfer customer requirements to products and processes?
Methods of process analysis (explained in a simulation/game and practical demonstrations)
- SPC – Statistical methods of management.
- DOE – Process Improvement through Design of Experiments.
- 8D – PDCA-based complaint resolution.
- Lean Management, Six Sigma and Kaizen.
How to measure the benefits of training
- Kirkpatrick’s model based on measuring participant satisfaction, improvement in knowledge, skills and application in practice and impact on outcomes.
For course participants, we offer the possibility of subsequent application support in the form of individual consultation with a lecturer or in the form of workshops directly at the client.
To order or for more information, contact us at email@example.com, or at phone number +421 2 544 185 13.