The course MS Project in the practice of the project manager II is aimed at introducing the advanced functions of the software.
- Advanced resource allocations to tasks that take into account set fixations
- Correct use of MS Project software for visualizing a complex project, for example through a status meeting or gate review
- Resolve resource overload issues at the project level (requires PWA access) or portfolio level (requires Power BI)
- Tips and tricks on how to use big data for everyday management decisions (requires Power BI)
The form of realization of the course is face-to-face or online (or both forms) .
The working methods used in the training programs are chosen in such a way as to ensure interactivity, adapt the content to the needs of the participants and prioritize the transfer of knowledge into practice .
- Gain an overview of the advanced functionalities of the MS Project software with regard to conceptual and effective project management based on evidence (data-driven).
- Practice the use of functionalities in specific model situations with regard to solving common user problems and needs.
- Apply new knowledge to client projects by customizing the MS Project user interface.
Advanced functionalities of MS Project
- Automated earned value analysis.
- Setting appropriate project performance indicators and tracking deviations.
- Specific MS Project functions according to participants’ expectations (e.g. default units, hammock task, timeline adjustments, filtering and grouping, lookup, conditional formatting, advanced calendar editing, multi-project environment management).
Managerial reporting and MS Project application in practice
- Advanced use of reporting modules.
- Creation of own projects and case studies from the environment of the client organization.
For course participants, we offer the possibility of subsequent application support in the form of individual consultation with a lecturer or in the form of workshops directly at the client.