The Managerial Skills III course is focused on how to develop the ability to motivate colleagues for effective and reliable performance.
- To develop the participants’ abilities to motivate colleagues to perform efficiently and reliably
- Be able to effectively use different types of motivation to achieve the team’s goals
- To improve in conducting motivational interviews
- Personal motivation
- Atmosphere of the working group – team
- Possibilities of motivation in the manager-coworker relationship
Motivation in managerial practice
- The needs of co-workers
- The power of non-financial motivation
- STOP demotivation – we pay dearly for it
- Good feeling from work and commitment
- Goals from the point of view of motivation, SMART goals
How to motivate with feedback?
- Feedback, praise, positive guidance
Appreciation in labor relations
- Appreciation is more than praise, it is expressed in different forms. Everyone appreciates a different form of appreciation
Pygmalion Effect and Tom Sawyer Effect
How does motivation work?
- Expectations, fairness, goal focus