- The Six Sigma Black Belt certification course is focused on practical methods of managing improvement projects.
- Under the guidance of an experienced lecturer, participants apply the content to their own projects .
- The return on investment in training will be returned several times already during the first project.
- Six Sigma Black Belt is focused on practical project management procedures .
- The course follows the Six Sigma Green Belt program .
- Additional training of project managers (Lean) Six Sigma for graduates of the Green Belt program.
- 8 days of training and workshops organized into 4 modules (2 + 3 + 2 + 1 day), supplemented by 2 days of self-study according to the assignment, with the course participants solving their own projects.
- Each subsequent module begins with a workshop to evaluate tasks from the previous module and ends with a workshop to develop tasks for further work on the project.
- At the last meeting, participants present their own project with quantified financial benefits.
- Understanding of advanced statistical tools and methodologies. This includes hypothesis testing, design of experiments, regression analysis and other advanced techniques. The goal is to show participants the skills to effectively analyze complex data and improve processes.
- Develop leadership and project management skills, enabling Black Belts to lead cross-functional teams, set project goals, and drive sustainable improvements. They should be able to effectively mentor and coach Green Belts and team members.
- Instill in participants a strategic mindset that ensures the Black Belt can identify high-impact improvement opportunities, prioritize projects and deliver tangible business results. This includes the ability to link project results to financial gains and overall business performance.
Within the mentioned methodology, participants will apply tools with software support
- Project Plan
- SIPOC – process description
- Critical Customer Requirements (CCR)
- XY goal definition matrix
- Mapping Processes and KPIs
- Value stream analysis
- Graphical statistical tools
- R&R – MSA – measurement system analysis
- t-test ANOVA (analysis of variance)
- Capability calculation/Sigma process
- SPC control charts
- Box Fence
- Correlation and multivariate analysis
- Process cycle time analysis, Lean tools
- FMEA, DOE (Design of Experiments)
- Analysis of force fields, decision matrix
During the trainings, participants can use either their own software (eg Minitab) or “Six Sigma for Excel”, which will be loaned to them during the trainings and can be purchased at a discounted price.
In case the participants of the Black Belt course do not have the support of their own Master Black Belt available in their company, it is recommended to order external coaching support in solving the project.
For course participants, we offer the possibility of subsequent application support in the form of individual consultation with a lecturer or in the form of workshops directly at the client.
To order or for more information, contact us at email@example.com, or at phone number +421 2 544 185 13.
Dale K. Mize , head of Six Sigma programs
Business Excellence Center, University of St. Thomas and president of Advanced Quality Engineering Inc., Minneapolis, USA. He worked as a Black Belt and Director of Quality Assurance at General Electric Lighting and Wagner Spray Tech Corp. Recently, he led Six Sigma programs in more than 100 companies and was responsible for the FBE lecturer development program.
Dan J. Sommers , Six Sigma Master Black Belt (MBB) Certification Program
Founder of The Quality Innovation Institute, USA. He worked for 20 years at GENERAL ELECTRIC Lighting, Cleveland, Ohio in the positions of Black Belt, Master Black Belt and Quality Manager of the company. He later worked at the Six Sigma Academy, USA. He has led multi-country improvement projects for DuPont, Ford Motor Company, Textron, United Health Care, ITC Limited and Arcelor-Mittal Steel. He cooperates with FBE in the MBB certification program.