The course How to implement changes – change management focuses on how to improve and develop the ability to implement and manage changes in the organization .
- Improve and develop the ability to promote and manage changes in the organization.
- To understand the reasons why there is resistance to change and to become familiar with the procedures that minimize it and create high chances of successful management of changes.
- Develop a communication plan or communication matrix for a specific change in the organization.
- Improve communication skills related to change.
Change – initial thoughts
- Reflection of experienced changes, their progress and impacts.
- What would happen if the change didn’t happen?
- Reason for change, goal of change.
- Engaging in the process of change.
The psychological side of the change process – the curve of experiencing change
- Paradigm – idea, rejection of changes, resistance to change.
- Finding ways out, identifying with change.
- Change as a threat or change as an opportunity.
- What can I influence?
Managing the change process
- Preparation, planning, transformation structures.
- Implementation, rewards.
Communication and motivation in the period of change
- Basic rules of communication about change. What needs to be talked about?
- Presentation of change.
- Overcoming objections to change.
- How to get colleagues excited about change?
- Selected assertive techniques for managing unwanted behavior.
- Communication plan.
- Communication matrices.