MOST is a method used to analyze and solve problems in processes and systems.
This method aims to simplify processes and improve their efficiency by identifying and eliminating redundant steps and activities. MOST is usually used in the design or improvement of processes in the field of production, logistics, supply, etc.
MOST consists of several steps:
- Data collection – All available information about the process and its functioning is gathered.
- Process Analysis – The process is analyzed and opportunities for improvement are identified.
- Designing a solution – Specific steps are suggested to improve the process.
- Solution implementation – New processes and solutions are implemented and tested.
- Monitoring results – The results of new processes are monitored and further areas for improvement are identified.
MOST is often used together with other methods such as Lean and Six Sigma, for improving the efficiency of processes in organizations. The advantage of MOST is that it enables systematic and logical problem solving and process improvement with minimal risk for the organization.